PositiveBehavior Intervention Supports (PBIS) Plan
The mission of the Dunkirk MiddleSchool is to develop self-motivated, life-long learners who will becomeproductive members of our multi-cultural society. In a safe and supportive environment, ourdedicated and knowledgeable staff will provide a relevant and diversecurriculum that challenges the abilities of each student.
STATEMENT OF BELIEFS
All staff members are essentialto the positive, proactive and instructional methods used to help studentslearn academically and behaviorally at the Dunkirk Middle School. Our actions and attitudes will model thebehaviors we want to instill in our students. Our support and encouragement will help students to excel emotionally,intellectually, socially and physically. In doing this, we hold the following staff beliefs:
1. We willteach students the expectations for responsible behavior in all schoolenvironments and encourage students to follow our guidelines to studentsuccess.
2. We will provide positive feedback tostudents when they exhibit the expectationsand follow the guidelines for success.
3. We will view misbehaviors as teachingopportunities and will calmly and consistentlyrespond with corrections and consequences.
4. We will work together within the school,with the families of our students and withthe community agencies connected to the school to solve behavioral problems that are chronic or severe innature.
GUIDELINESFOR STUDENT SUCCESS
The staff at theDunkirk Middle School has developed the following guidelines to help all of usbecome successful.
1. Beresponsible with the choices you make.
2. Alwaystry to do your best.
3. Cooperatewith others.
4. Treateveryone with dignity and respect.
5. Getinvolved with your school and community.